If you can think about pie, without thinking of Dean Winchester, then clearly you have a problem and need to take a hard look at yourself. Just kidding. But seriously Dean’s love for pie is so famous, it’s canon, and I love it. What better dish to sit down and Supernatural marathon with, than this here – Dean’s Apple Pie.
Obviously as always, this recipe is Vegan and ridiculously easy to make. This pie should serve eight people and you want to set your oven to 200ºC.
Dean Winchester’s Apple Pie
- 2 Sheets JusRol Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
- 3 Large Cooking Apples
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple (or whichever is your favourite apple)
- 125g Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3tbsp Cornflour
- Almond/Soy/Coconut milk
- Peel, core and chop your apples into 0.5-1 cm slices.
- Grab a large cooking pot, and add your apples over a medium heat.
- Whilst they are cooking, mix the dry ingredients together and then add to the pot, making sure the apples are all coated.
- Lightly flour your pie dish, and pop one sheet of the pastry into the dish.
- Spoon the apples into the pie crust, then top with the second sheet of pastry. Add your own embellishments to the top, and poke a couple of holes in the top to allow the steam out.
- Brush the top with a little of your Plant Milk, and pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the pastry is crispy and golden.
- Once cooked, slice that puppy up and top with a big dollop of Vegan vanilla Ice Cream.
Let me know if you try out Dean’s Apple Pie recipe – told you it was crazy easy! Or you can send me a picture over on Instagram – @SteffMaverick.